Infoporn: The Cost of Living on the Bleeding Edge of Technology
Historically, Americans have taken their time getting comfortable with new technology before forking over serious cash for it. When color TVs came out in the 1950s, consumers were entranced. But it took another 20 years for half of US households to ditch their B&W sets; two decades later, DVD players hit that benchmark in just six years. If you think those flatscreen HDTVs are pricey, consider this: They cost about the same, adjusted for inflation, as the first color TVs. Here’s a look back at what we’ve paid for gadget lust.
Search Engine Spider Traps
50 Wealthiest People in The World
The net worth of the richest people in the world is the worth of the total assets that each person owns. The net worth includes the assets minus the liabilities. In general, it is the worth of all the persons assets, whether or not they are liquid. The 50 richest people in the world are:
- William Gates III (Bill Gates), United States, net worth $40 billion from software. One of the founders of Microsoft, Bill Gates has been the richest person in the world for most of the years from 1995 to 2009.
- Warren Buffett, United States, net worth $37 billion from investments. Investor and Berkshire Hathaway CEO, Warren Buffet has pledged much of his wealth to philanthropic pursuits.
- Carlos Slim Helu & Family, Mexico, net worth $35 billion from telecommunications. Helu is one of the major influences over Mexican telecommunications. In 2007, he was briefly considered the richest person in the world.
- Lawrence Ellison United States Net worth $22.5B from software. Oracle CEO Ellison began in very humble circumstances and built up Oracle form a small business in 1977 to an enormous computer corporation.
- Ingvar Kamprad & Family Sweden Net worth $22B from furniture retail. The founder of IKEA, Kamprad started selling matches as a child and built up his retail business into the multinational corporation that IKEA is today.
- Karl Albrecht, Germany, net worth $21.5B from supermarket retail
- Mukesh Ambani, India, net worth $19.5B from petrochemicals
- Lakshmi Mittal, India, net worth $19.3B from steel
- Theo Albrecht, Germany, net worth $18.8B from supermarket retail ………….
Source : http://www.visualeconomics.com/50-wealthiest-people-in-the-world/
Web Trend Map 2007 V2
Infographic of the Day: China’s Social Media Map
The major players in the U.S. social media world can be counted on one hand: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn. Not so in China, where the country’s 300 million online users have a panoply of popular social networks to choose from–and Facebook doesn’t even crack the top 10.
Source : http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/noah-robischon/editors-desk/infographic-day-chinas-social-media-map